Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Value Friendship..

To err is human. We often do things, which we consider to be insignificant, but as time flows by we gradually understand the seriousness of our act. We try our best to repent and implore the hands of time to roll back to the moment where we made the blunder. Broken hearts mend with time but trust of True friend lost can never be earned back. We often fail to realize who are True Friends are? What is their true worth? Superficial things cloud our judgments and we fall short in seeing the true gem that lies within.

True friendship consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and value.

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

I lost such a friend due my own idiocy, though we are still in touch I feel that the trust has vanished and we are just hollow bodies. The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen. Just listen. Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention…. A loving silence often has far more power to heal and to connect than the most well-intentioned words.

So I devote this Post to you Rabs and I hope you comprehend how remorseful & repentant I am. The Splendor of our friendship was not your outstretched hand, nor your kindly smile, nor the joy of your companionship; it was the spiritual inspiration that came to me when I discovered that someone else believes in me and is willing to trust me with friendship.

No comments: