Sunday, July 09, 2006

My Best Friend's Wedding..

A Married Man is a special breed; he enters into a realm that is very alien to the bachelor psyche.

My Best Friend is getting married in August. I am so happy for him as he has found his perfect soul mate. Soon he also will be component of a happily married couple and initiate to socialize amongst other happily married couples ONLY. In Bachelor lingo he would have MOVED ON.

Deep inside me I sense it’s my first day of school and every one around me is a stranger who I have nothing in common with. I miss my friends who have graduated Bachelorhood High and progressed on to sterner tests that marriage holds.

It sometimes feels very despicable to live a life of a bachelor amongst your married mates. You struggle to maintain your decorum while you beseech for an invitation whenever one wants to spend an evening in company. You don’t blame your friends for deserting you on the contrary you are at fault for not taking that next essential step. You merely admire other people’s children and just yearn for a few of your own.

What burns me more is the fact that I wont be able to attend his big day because of my work commitments.

I wish him the best of luck and success for his impending nuptials. I hope that one day when I tie the knot with my perfect soul mate *sighs* I too would have moved on..

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know the answer to thi sone! ;)

Anonymous said...

this one*

Where's the edit button? grr

Sarah said...

Widad,
There is no edit button. Sucks, eh?

Farsh,
InshAllah your time will come soon, too :)

I know how it feels... When it seems everyone is getting married but you... Well, InshAllah...!!

Sarah said...

By the way, both of you live in Dubai. Are you guys related ? hehe

widad said...

NOOOOO!!!!!

Nop. *Shakes Head*

Itsfarsh said...

widad, You make it sound as if it would be a crime if we were :)

Sarah, only common thing between me and widad would be cheesecake :)

Sarah said...

I like cheesecake !! so have you two met before? :D ;) lool, sorry for prying!! *hijabi*

widad said...

Not really met before. No plans to either. :)