Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Kid

Nobody ever grows up quite like they imagined. Do you remember what you wanted to be when you were young? If an eight year old version of ourselves were to mysteriously appear would the kid appreciate what we have become. The only thing bothering you at that age is Math Assignments :)

Once we embark on REAL life we discover its a whole new ball game. As we grow older we just bury our inner child amongst all the worries that we continuously take upon our shoulders. We kill our dreams, aspirations and forget how to enjoy life. Every morning we just lie in our beds sulking over the new day and are never eager to initiate the monotonous routine again. But if we look real hard into the mirror we shall still see that little child looking back at us, inquiring if we are happy now and do we remember all the promises we made to our self.

I don’t remember what I wanted to be when I was eight but I do remember I wanted to always smile at the face of any adversity…and I carry on doing so :)

No comments: