Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Real Truth

He held his hand and stroked it gently. He felt the wrinkles as he caressed the skin. The Face had aged but it appeared so serene. He remember the day this man helped him ride his bicycle, work with him on his Math Homework, showed him how to tie a tie knot; the memories just kept flowing in as his thoughts slowly drifted towards the bad times between the two of them. The needless bickering over pointless matters. He remembered the tone of his voice. It was very high and how he regretted that today. How immature and foolish he felt now? How apologetic and repentant he felt inside.

The Man on the bed gently opened his eyes.

“Zahid is that you!!”

"Yes!! Dad it’s me”

A faint smile came across the face of the old man.

"Zahid I am sorry if I ever hurt you. I tried my best to be a good father. Forgive me”

With those words all the ill feelings Zahid harbored within himself drowned. He was overcome with emotions. Things were clearer now.

“What are you saying Dad!! Don’t say such things. I want you to get well soon so we can go for that trip you always talked about”

“Which trip? The one you thought was boring”

“I think its not going to be so boring after all”

Sometimes we don’t realize what things are truly precious to us. No matter how successful we become we can never undermine the love & caring our parents put into our upbringing. There are always differences but if we have really matured we shall never let them overshadow our affection towards our parents.

I almost lost my father and that experience has made me treasure his presence more. It has given a chance to me to eliminate those differences and show him truthfully that he means a lot to me.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you and your father have a good relationship now :)

By the way, you don't respond to all of my comments <_< You aren't up for much discussion in your comments section, eh? Well, just tell me if that's the case, cause then I shall try writing comments that I don't expect replies to... But discussion is nice *angel*

Itsfarsh said...

^ I am sorry i am kinda new to bloggin g and i have just discovered the option whereby you are notified by email if someone leaves a comment. So i shall be replying more to my comments.

Me and My Dad have had a very on & off relationship but lately i have grown very close to him and the very thought of losing him makes me weep.

I have come to realise that unlike mothers who pour their love & attention on you; Fathers take a more subtle approach but feel equally same about their children. Just my 2 Cents.

Sarah said...

That's nice that you and him are close now. I don't really have any sort of a relationship with my father *hijabi* But mum and I are close, although at times I am sure she loves my sisters more than me *cry* Not sure if it's true of it's just the middle-child syndrome *hijabi* *sigh*

Itsfarsh said...

middle-child syndrome. I have an interesting story about this. Maybe i shall post it later.

Sarah said...

Nah, to be honest, I really don't think it is Middle-Child Syndrome lol... I feel its because my sister is becoming a doctor, and I am not. And my younger sister is the baby of the family, so she will automatically be loved. Anyway, looking forward to the story, if it makes me feel better, that is *hijabi*

Karachiite said...

Farsh, I'd only say u r lucky, brother

Not everyone gets such chances..

Anonymous said...

Just read through your entire blog. You write beautifully.