Monday, July 10, 2006

Grand Finale..

My Brother was overcome with tears of joy. My Sister was shrieking at the top of her voice. Their Team was now Champions of the World. I have never come across more passionate non-Italian supporters than these two.They have waited a long time for their team to finally taste glory. My Hearty Congratulation to them and Italy.

My Dad screamed at the top of his voice as he called the Italians “Cheats”. And as tempers flared over petty things, my mom laughed away in the corner. The World cup Final always seems to bring our household together. There is always a very enthusiastic & vocal crowd at our house and we argue over every whistle. The Final was a high drama affair and there were many points to squabble about.

“There goes Zidane’s Golden Ball.” yelled my brother.

“He thinks he is a Bull and this is bull fight.” added my cousin.

“Italians are cheaters and foul masters” screamed my dad.

“I will go bald if Barthez saves a single penalty” I humbly added.

“Its ONLY a game!! Lets not lose our tempers” my mom’s simple advice.

“In your face FRANCE” screamed my brother as the last penalty went in.

“AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH” the Italians contingents shrieked.

*Sound of vigorous applause and cheering* as Cannavaro lifts the World Cup.

It’s been a great World cup and finally as my mom says “Things will return to normalcy.”

No comments: