Monday, July 03, 2006

Are U Satisfied?

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

2006 has not been my year; each day has brought additional hardship, which I have aptly accepted as trials from my creator. I wish I could meet the astrologer who said it’s going to be MY YEAR. Do people really believe in astrology and various other things that claim to foretell our fate? I feel its nothing more than being able to develop a state whereby we satisfy ourselves with notions that all will end well. The world would be a better place if we escape the shadows of our inner demons and confront the reality of why we exist.

Can anyone exist within an ethical and sympathetic existence when one is fully aware of the blood, the horror intrinsic in life, when one finds obscurity not only in one's culture but also inside oneself?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Are you Farsh e Azaa from SC? :D

Karachiite said...

Yeah, I'd like to know that too??

Itsfarsh said...

Yes :)

Sarah said...

welcome to the blogging world!

Karachiite said...

Existence doesnt merely depend on whether we can exist or not, or upon our wish..
If we got a life we have to exist, somehow or the other!!

Sarah said...

I actually now just read this post. Concise but excellent.

Many years ago my mother saw a "peer" or one of those astrologer type of people, in Pakistan. He asked for the names and birthdates of me and my sisters. Then he told my mother that I would be the luckiest. My mother told me this. Whether it's true or not (that he said that), I don't know. If he really did say that, I don't know if I should believe in it or not! I certainly don't feel lucky lol... I've had so many hardships in life as well, and I wonder when the luck will come!!

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Very nice quote. Did you come up with that? I like it. It's true.

Can anyone exist within an ethical and sympathetic existence when one is fully aware of the blood, the horror intrinsic in life, when one finds obscurity not only in one's culture but also inside oneself?

*sigh* I know what you mean :( Don't know how to answer your question...

Itsfarsh said...

Hardship increases the nearer we get to the goal.Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.