Saturday, December 02, 2006

Wallet...

The other night I lost my wallet, the contents of which bore my identification card from work, driving license and of course sizable sum of money. I was appalled at my apparent stupidity and carelessness. Re-issuance of all documents would be a time consuming and nerve wrecking process. As me and brother scavenged the street where I presumably lost it, he said “Humanity” to console to my bemused state.

“What!!” I looked more mystified

“This would be the perfect time for you to reignite your believe in Humanity.”

“Are you crazy? Who in the world would return a wallet with money in it? That’s so unheard of. I reckon the best place to look for it would be in a dumpster.” I went on annoyed.

“We are not completely lost, I hope you know that. There are some good out there. It wouldn’t hurt you to have some faith and besides you will sleep better.” he responded.

Various thoughts about my brother’s indiscreet judgment about humanity tainted my mind. Humanity!! What a load of crap. It’s a dog-eat-dog world out there. Contrary to my brother’s advice I had a restless night, I was already planning the steps to be taken to recover all the documents I had lost.

Because I had been so skeptical and dubious about humanity, it decided to show up at my door bright and early with my wallet. After rummaging through the contents and relief replacing the worrisome look that subsisted; I offered the do-gooder some sort of reward. But the Good Samaritan refused; “It was the right thing to do” he explained. “I am sure you would have done the same thing if you were in my place” he continued.

Humanity, somehow he was beaming with it whereas I just had my faith reinstate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your brother sounds like a great guy. probably married :( how come you never talk about him more in this blog. Does he have his own blog???

Itsfarsh said...

Safirius,

He isnt married and neither does he have his own blog... I am afraid to introduce him more on this blog because then he would have a Fan following.. :)

I think i will definitely share more of our lil escapades..

Sarah,
I really had no hope of the money coming back.. AED 2000 thats about US $ 500.. There is really some good out there..