Sunday, December 03, 2006

Night by the sea...

As the chilliness of the night touches its acme, I begin to lose myself within the sweet melodies of the gentle waves, gently kissing the footprints I leave behind. Light drizzle splatters against my face; tender taps “conveyance of exultation” scatter upon my face but the harsh breeze mercilessly pierces through my body as I snug deeper into the warmth & shelter of my jacket. The idiosyncrasy of the moment is confounding; though I wish to greet raindrops with open arms I am timorous of the bold wind…

The moment is so symbolic of my life; the relentless yearning to excel accompanied always with the persisting fear of defeat. If you are adamant on enjoying the rain be valiant against the cold. Nothing beautiful is laid in your lap; there is always hardship involved. Endeavor against oddity and enjoy the beauty of your labor…

At a distance burnt the bonfire in all its glory; bearing testimony:
To the joyous tales of old memories,
To nights like these with forgotten friends,
To the warmth of souls that gathered around in harmony, sweet harmony,
To the worries that were caste away,
To the sorrows that dispersed away…

My brother steps away from the refuge of the fire and quietly invades my silence...

The Wave, Somehow I have always missed it. I have been like a surfer desperately paddling to mount the mighty beast but only managing to succumb to its ferocity” “I have always been a step adrift from my peers” “Someday I want to catch that wave and beat them” “Someday I want to ride the beast in all its magnificence and finish not washed out but ahead, way ahead of the pack

How do you know which is the right wave to ride” I asked.

The trick is never to differentiate. Everything we do has a purpose. Nothing is trivial. Its perpetual motion towards a greater goal… don’t waste time deciding what to do and what not to… Do it with all your heart, for if it’s done with heart & soul it will always have a purpose.” He responded…

A shooting star flashed yonder...

You see that” He pointed at the disappearing light “That’s not me.” He added

Why?" I was bemused "It’s so beautiful.

“Beautiful indeed but ephemeral” “I by no means want to be transient” “I want to dwell amongst others, in their happy thoughts & memories long after I am gone” He replied

“How do you plan to accomplish that Herculean task?” I queried

“Be myself” he smiled “Nothing more defining & memorable than a person who knows his purpose and is in balance & harmony with those around him” “Just be myself, thats what i intend to do”

“That’s why I need to catch that DAMN wave” he cheerfully ended…

We slowly joined the group near the bonfire and gradually as the sun awoke from its slumber, we began to pack our stuff & bid adieu to our night by the sea...

3 comments:

neuroticnoon said...

Your brothers a wise man, i guess its true to often we're so engrossed in trying to be someone else we miss the wave!

“I want to dwell amongst others, in their happy thoughts & memories long after I am gone” He replied

that was beautiful.

Itsfarsh said...

There doesnt exist a shred of sibling rivalry between us.. I am proud to have him as my closest and dearest friend..

Noon, sometimes we are really so aloof to realise that the wave is passing us by..

Anonymous said...

I like that story... There is a lot of wisdom of both your parts.

:)