Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tag along..

I got tagged by mnm310.. here is my confession

* Alone, or with people?

There is difference between Loneliness & solitude:

Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self.

I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. The Thoughtful soul to the solitude retires.

Isnt Man a Social Animal?

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone.

...love from one being to another can only be that two solitudes come nearer, recognize and protect and comfort each other. There are moments when we all need somebody with whom we can speak of our deepest concerns, and who do not fear to speak the truth to us. It seems to me that trying to live alone is like milking a bear to get cream for your morning coffee. It is a whole lot of trouble, and then not worth much after you get it.

* Summer, or winter?

I am bored & weary of everything summer has to offer.

I want to skate on the frozen lakes of Mystery, Alaska. Have snow fights and make snow angels :)

* Black, or white?

Black: Mysterious & elegant.

* Observe, or get along from the very first moment

Content to observe but eager to socialize..

* Clown, or Drama (Queen/King)?

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go
I strive to be the former.

* A Hummer, or A BMW convertible car

If I consider the car as a mode of transportation I don’t bother about the trade name as long as it gets me from Point A to Point B with ease & comfort. If I were to consider it a status symbol then Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano to emphasize POWER & Bentley Continental GT to underline elegance.

For the two choices I have… BMW M3 Convertible please :)

* Loyal or………

Unless you can find some sort of loyalty, you cannot find unity and peace in your active living. Oscar wilde said.. If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.. that’s loyalty J

* Favorite Material Posession....

My ring.. My wrist Kara (something like a bangle but more broad).. My Collection of Poetry..

* When I look at someone, the first thing I see is....

Their Smile.. A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home. A smile is the universal welcome. "Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day".

* My life is....

My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light.

My life is just a chance to grow a soul. When I do breathe my last I hope its not the years in my life that count but the life in my years :)

Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.

Probably, the common aspect in all our lives is the realization that all the things you really want to do are either immoral, illegal or fattening ;)

I pass on the Tag baton to Widad,Sarah and any body who wants to be tagged..

3 comments:

MnM310 said...

asalam'alaykum Farsh!

Hey thanks for completing the tag :D

...It seems to me that trying to live alone is like milking a bear to get cream for your morning coffee. It is a whole lot of trouble, and then not worth much after you get...

haha i dont know about that one homie...sounds a little cynical to me.

...Another winter lover!?! ahhh..lol well i got to really see snow this year while in nyc..and its not all that great, kind of limiting actually. But skating and making snow angles is really fun! :p

...haha if i had ta really choose a car i'd go for the bentley as well, especially one tricked out...or maybe even a Black Masarati :p

...what do your ring and kara signify? :p

salaam,

madiha :)

widad said...

A wedding ring? :)

Itsfarsh said...

Wedding Ring!!

That would definitely make my mother the happiest woman on earth :)

The ring & Kara is a Family Heirloom presented to me by my late grandfather. He told me that they have been personally touched against religious shrines & other sacred sites in Iran, Iraq, Syria and Saudi Arabia.

The Kara is inscribed with names in Islamic calligraphy.