Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lost..

I share a love-hate relationship with my work. An imprisoned bird yearns for freedom to feel the wind rustle its feathers. Honestly, I adore what I do. I find the experience to be enriching and exceedingly stimulating. Sadly, there are days when I abhor the whole activity.

Is it imperative to attach purpose to our line of work?

Isn’t sustenance purpose enough?

How do you liberate your senses to think beyond the superficial scope of your work?

I have never really grasped the idea of self-growth and how it’s associated with our careers. People advice me about my naiveness and warn me against the impending consequences.My fault lies in my negativity to their concerns.

It has been a horrid day at work.Such days have considerably increased recently.

I have just scribbled this..
"Deep within the conscience of my soul lies awake an immortal parody, disconsolate of my surroundings but amorous to my desires. It breathes my will and exhales my life. It shatters my solitude and seeks perfection from my morbid existence. Granting solace, comfort and respite from external prejudice. Victoriously rising to my swansong of forgotten bliss."
I need help… I hope I can make it through the week and not fall victim to the dark void.

Keep me in your prayers.

4 comments:

MnM310 said...

hey farsh asalam'alaykum homie,

I'll make dua for you iA and i'm not just saying that. I think that its important for you to make dua for yourself also.

A couple of months ago, a friend of mine told me how unhappy and unsure he was about how his life was going w/ his job, family, etc...and one of my cousins (who is studying to become an Alim) advised me to help my friend by doing the following:

Istikhara. Istikhara can be done at any time to seek Allah's help in making the best decisions in life and to seek His assistance therein--but it doesn't take the place of thinking things through and consulting those worthy of consulting.

[2] For depression, keep thanking Allah for your blessings. Whenever you feel down, say "Alhamdulillah" ("All praise is due to Allah"), repeatedly, bringing to mind Allah's blessings upon you, one by one.

I hope this helps.:)

May Allah {swt} grant you all good and success in this life and the next. May Allah {swt} grant you ease after your difficulty. Ameen

Wasalaam,

Madiha

Itsfarsh said...

Thanks Madiha, your words & prayers really mean a lot.

I have turned to Allah in my hour of need and inshallah i will be guided..

Itimas-e-Dua

MnM310 said...

hey farsh, hope everything's okay with you.

salaam :)

Itsfarsh said...

I have been better Madiha..
still breathing..
still surviving..