Saturday, November 04, 2006

Pray..

I was overwhelmed with joy when the miracle they sought was rewarded. I am grief stricken and lost for words as clouds of anguish & sorrow have consumed the blessing and the apparent joy has disappeared within a nightmare.

What hurts more: the regret of not being able to bore a child or the torment of losing a child through miscarriage? What if you have experienced both?

She has been a very close friend to me and I cannot begin to fathom the distress she must be in. I am unable to decide any sensible course of action.

Should I call her? What would I say?

I have never been good with condolences; I am inept at uttering sound words of comfort.

No matter how much I try to comprehend her state I shiver at the very thought of the ordeal she is faced with.

Pray for her.
Pray she has the strength to rise from this loss.
Pray that the Lord’s blessings shower once again on her withered garden.
Pray for a new dawn, which would chase away the dark shadows that surround.
Pray..

4 comments:

Ahmed said...

Omigosh, thats terrible. I'll definitely pray for her.

I think you should be there as much as possible for her. Sometimes you don't need to say anything. Just be there to listen or a shoulder to cry on.

Itsfarsh said...

The very thought of what has transpired sends shivers down my spine.. I really do not know how I can stand besides her and say nothing..

Ahmed said...

Any support is better than no support.

cellardoor said...

wow that is heavy stuff.
just be a friend.