Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Journey..

A sense of enthusiasm captivates almost all journeys albeit a few which bear indecisive overtones. Arent all journeys truly about escapism, an elusive search for shelter and maybe a chance to rediscover oneself.

Sometimes we are so lost within the dark corridors of our antagonizing intellect that an alteration of our perception becomes a dire necessity.

Sometimes we are so lost within the meticulous routine of our monotonous drudgery that a change of our habitat becomes a dire necessity.

Sometimes we are so lost with the confining prowess of our acrimonious surroundings that a shift of our community becomes a dire necessity.

Am I tired you ask? No
I am just lost in thoughts of a probable tomorrow.

On a much brighter note, I am off to Islamabad. It’s a short trip but since I haven’t been to Pakistan in 20yrs I am looking forward to embarking on this anticipated journey.

Just to incite your curiosity, Fictitious as it might sound if ever the decision to be with someone rested upon one indispensable question which would need answering.. what would be that million dollar question to appease your tormented soul before you can ever consider marital possibilities.

I am trying to rediscover Parveen Shakir.. A bit of advice from her for my journey..

If
in the course of a conversation
gaps of silence begin to occur,
spoken words turn silent;
therefore, my eloquent friend,
let’s carefully listen
to this silence.

6 comments:

Ahmed said...

You're right, sometimes you just need a change, or to get away for a bit. No matter where or for how long. Just a break from everything or somethings.

Have a fun and safe trip! :)

The question would actually be for myself. Do I love her?

widad said...

You think if there was but a single question, it wouldn't have been copyrighted? And I'd prolly be laughing my way to the bank ;)

Sarah said...

Nice entry.

I really can understand what you said about needing to take a vacation or changing locations. Sometimes you just get so burned out that you really NEED time away, so you can come refreshed!

Hmm, ONE question is really difficult. Let me see... Just off the top of my head:

If you are driving along a road and see a cat that has been hit by a car shaking/moving a bit, what would you do?

widad said...

Well, I'd ensure it was safe to pull over, then I would to help it. Or else call the NFP feline organisations.

Zahera said...

The lost just need to be found ;-)

As for that million dollar question- how big is your bank balance :-D loolll- i kid i kid...i dunno- how does one question decide everything?

Itsfarsh said...

One Question would not decide everything but would surely provide an inclination towards which you could gradually sway..